Saturday, June 6, 2009

"You." (A Poem)

You who dwells in unapproachable light,
who makes Your home in the Third Heaven,
who holds time in Your hand...

how is it You find joy in revealing Yourself to me?

You who sees the sparrow fall,
who calms my heart with Your Word,
who calls my mind to ponder Your eternality...

how is it You have come to rescue me?

You who holds back oceans,
tears down cities,
and relocates entire language groups of people...

how is it that You find joy in teaching me?

You who knows all things,
is everywhere-present and all-powerful,
who cannot be tamed but was led as a lamb...

how is it that Your death could steal death's sting?

You who designed and created,
breathed life and welcomed,
forgave, redeemed, and sanctified...

how is it that by grace through faith, I'm justified?